Quinn Warnick
English 309 Week 4 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Friday, 29 June 2007, 4:52 PM

Class,

I have update the class website for Week 4. The only significant change to the syllabus is that we will use Tuesday for a "finishing touches" workshop, focusing on document design, visuals, charts, etc. Your Unit #1 final drafts are due on Thursday at the beginning of class, and I hope to have feedback for all of you by Monday,  to give you enough time to incorporate my comments into your final documents.

Two other quick reminders:

- The results from your Teaming Inventory Worksheet are due at the beginning of class on Monday.

- The Midterm Review Document is available on the website to help you prepare for the test, which will take most of the class period on Monday.

And finally, let me briefly mention one item about our classroom environment. Over the past week, I've noticed a LOT of web surfing going on during our class discussions and writing workshops. I know how distracting it can be to have class in a computer lab, and I know that your email, your Facebook accounts, and your baseball scores are enticing, but please remember that our class time is limited and needs to be put to good use.

At the end of next week, I'll assign class participation grades for the first half of the term (you'll get another grade at the end of the term). If you've been distracted by various online pursuits, your participation grade will reflect that.  In short, I'm asking you to resist the urge to visit websites that aren't related to English 309 when we're in class. If you have any questions about what is or isn't appropriate, please let me know.

Have a great weekend,

Quinn