Quinn Warnick
English 309 Week 2 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Friday, 15 June 2007, 12:17 AM

Class,

I'm writing with a few reminders about upcoming events, and to let you know that I've updated the class website for Week 2. Each week (usually on Thursday evenings), I'll update the website for the following week. If you go to the website, you'll notice a few small changes to the syllabus, but the only change I need to bring to your attention is for Monday's class. If you haven't completed the Unit #1 Invention Exercise we started in class today, please complete it over the weekend and make sure you have an electronic version of the file with you in class on Monday.

A couple of additional reminders:

- Five of you haven't uploaded your Unit #1 Proposals to the class website. These are the documents I reviewed with you in class today. If you haven't uploaded yours to the website, please do so ASAP. I'll grade these on a check-plus, check, check-minus scale, which means that on a 10-point assignment, you'll receive either 10, 8, or 5 points. These grades will be added to the course website this weekend.

- Your diagnostic memos are due tomorrow night before midnight. Please review the assignment sheet carefully before you submit your document. I will grade these memos as quickly as possible, and I hope to have them back to you by the middle of next week at the latest.

- I was disappointed to see several of you leaving class early today. If we're going to meet on a four-day schedule, we need to make use of the entire class period each day. There will be a lot of days like today, when I'm meeting with individual students or groups and you are working on your own assignments, and you really need to stay focused on your work for this course during that time. We've only got eight weeks (well, make that seven), so every minute really does count.

If you've got any questions about the items covered in this message, or about anything else related to English 309, please let me know. I'm available by email all weekend.

Thanks for a great first week. I'll see you on Monday,

Quinn