This is the course website for English 302, Section 28, taught by Quinn Warnick at Iowa State University during fall 2006. Please refer to the policy document and syllabus for more information about this class. Updates to the syllabus will be posted one week in advance, and any changes to the readings and/or assignments will be reflected in the summaries for each week.
You do not need to write out the answers to all of these questions, but doing so may be helpful to your group.
- Has everyone in your group become thoroughly acquianted with your company's website?
- Would you describe your company's website as effective or ineffective? What does it do well? What could it do better?
- What information (be specific) on the website will "translate" well for your intended international audience? What information (again, be specific) will need to be elimintated or significantly altered?
- What resources have you found that deal with business or communication practices in your target country? What research do you still need to do on this topic? Who will do it?
- If you were a real web development team, how would you schedule the process for developing and implementing a new website? How will you describe this process to your CEO in the report?
- Who will "manage" your group's document?
- Who will take responsibility for acquiring or designing graphics/images to be included in your report?
- How will you share information with the other members of your group? When will you meet next? What do you need to have accomplished before your next meeting?