This is the course website for English 213, Section A, taught by Quinn Warnick at Iowa State University during spring 2008. Please refer to the policy document, found at the top of the center column, for more information about this class. Updates to the syllabus will be posted to this site one week in advance, and any changes to the readings and/or assignments will be reflected in the summaries for each week.
Kinetic Text Resources
For the Kinetic Text assignment, you will most likely need to find audio, video, and image files on the web. This list of resources is designed to provide a starting point for your online searching. You may also want to refer to the Image and Design Resources page we used during the Mix CD project.
If you find other helpful resources, please send them to me and I will update this list.
- Poets.org Listening Booth (poets reading their own work)
- About.com's list of poetry audio archives (a huge list of links here)
- Naropa Poetics Audio Archive
- BBC's Poetry Out Loud archive (more poets reading their own work)
- Make Internet TV (a great tutorial site for shooting, editing, and uploading videos)