Quinn Warnick
Week 16 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Wednesday, 21 April 2010, 1:16 PM

Class,

I'm writing with a very brief reminder about what we're doing for the next ten days in English 314:

- We will NOT meet as a class tomorrow (Thursday). However, our regular computer lab (Ross 37) will be available for your use, if you would like to work alone or meet in small groups to help one another with your eportfolios.

- Your homework assignment for this week is to develop a customized version of your eportfolio homepage. Before midnight on Saturday, please upload your homepage to your public.iastate.edu website, then submit the URL to your site using the "Eportfolio Homepage Link" on the class website. (That page has additional details about what should be included on your homepage.)

- On Tuesday of next week, we will meet in Ross 15 and spend most of class in workshop mode. Please bring electronic copies of the artifacts that you plan to include in your eportfolio, along with all of the HTML and CSS files for your eportfolio. We will work on creating individual pages for your artifacts and drafting the reflection and commentary portions of your eportfolio.

- On Thursday of next week, we will conduct an eportfolio peer review workshop. Before you come to class on Thursday, please upload a complete draft of your eportfolio to your public.iastate.edu website. We will also complete course evaluations on Thursday.

One final note about the Unit #4 assignment: We have spent a lot of class time working on HTML and CSS, but please remember that your website needs solid content, not just great design. If you haven't done so recently, please re-read the Unit #4 assignment sheet and pay particular attention to the guidelines about selecting artifacts and providing reflection/commentary on those artifacts.

If you have any technical questions, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll see you on Tuesday. Have a great weekend!

- Quinn