Quinn Warnick
Week 13 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Thursday, 1 April 2010, 9:19 AM

Class,

I have updated the course website with details for Week 13. Here are just a few reminders:

- On both Tuesday and Thursday, we will spend the entire class period listening to your oral presentations. Please check the website to see when your team presents.

- In class last week, we discussed whether or not you needed to dress nicely for these presentations. The answer to that is, as usual, "It depends." Depending on the company you have selected, you might be expected to dress up for work each day. On the other hand, members of the "web development team" probably don't wear business suits to work, so I don't expect to see you in formal attire. However, you should try to look the part (e.g., probably avoid jeans and t-shirts) when you give your presentation.

- Last but not least, a reminder about the format for your presentations: Each presentation should last 20 minutes, with 5 minutes of Q&A afterward. Each member of the team should participate as equally as possible, and "risk taking" will be looked upon favorably. Think about what we discussed in class on Tuesday and consider what your team can do to break the cycle of bad PowerPoint presentations.

If you have any questions about these items, please let me know.

Have a great weekend,

Quinn