Quinn Warnick
Week 10 and Week 11 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Thursday, 11 March 2010, 4:22 PM

Class,

I have updated the class website for Week 10 (spring break) and Week 11. Here are a few quick reminders before you start enjoying your week off:

- On Tuesday after spring break, we will discuss analytical reports and begin drafting your usability test protocols. Please read Chapter 23 before you come to class. In addition, your team should bring a printed copy and an electronic copy of a document that contains two sections: (1) three personas, following the pattern on usability.gov, and (2) at least five (but preferably more) scenarios, following the pattern on usability.gov. (The class website has links to the two models you should follow for these documents.) We will spend the first half of class discussing the recent readings from our textbook and the second half of the class in team workshop mode.

- On Thursday, I will hold short conferences with each team to approve your usability testing protocols. Your team should bring an electronic copy of your completed testing protocol to class. (I have posted links to two sample protocols on the class website; these documents will help you write the first draft of your protocol.) Once I have approved your protocol, can begin administering your tests with real people. Finally, please read Chapter 8 before you come to class.

If you have any questions as you draft your personas, scenarios, and test plans, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll see you on March 23.

Have a great spring break!

- Quinn