Quinn Warnick
Week 7 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Friday, 19 February 2010, 11:38 AM

Class,

I have updated the course website for Week 7. Here are few highlights and reminders:

- On Tuesday, we will talk about planning and persuasion, and we will conduct a short in-class exercise on prose editing. Please read Chapter 6 before you come to class, and bring a copy of the policy document / syllabus from three different classes you are taking this semester or have taken in the past. (The English 314 policy document is not eligible for this assignment.)

- On Thursday, we will spend most of class in workshop mode. We will start out with another short peer review exercise, then you have the remainder of the time to work on revising your Instructable. Please make sure that you have uploaded all of your images and a draft of your text to Instructables.com before class.

- As we discussed on Tuesday, the deadline for Unit #2 has been extended to Tuesday, March 2, which will give you an extra weekend to finish your project. Because the new deadline falls on a Tuesday, you will need to upload electronic versions of your instructables.com text and your analysis memo before you come to class. Please bring a printed copy of your memo to class that day.

- Last but not least, we are about to start working on Unit #3, which will be a team project. To help me place you in effective teams, please print out and complete the Teaming Inventory file, which you can find on the class website under Week 7. Bring the completed results sheet to class on Thursday, February 25. I will announce your Unit #3 teams on the following Tuesday.

If you have any questions about these items, please let me know. Otherwise, have a great weekend!

Thanks,

Quinn