Quinn Warnick
Week 3 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Friday, 22 January 2010, 2:56 PM

Class,

I have updated the class website with details for Week 3. Here is a quick summary:

- On Tuesday, we will discuss some of the ethical issues you might encounter in the technical workplace. Please read Chapter 5 and come ready to discuss one ethical challenge you have encountered in your work or academic experience. (Try to think beyond the standard "my friend wanted to copy my homework" example.)

- On Thursday, we will discuss technical descriptions and conduct a short peer-review session for your Unit #1 drafts. Please read Chapter 19 and bring electronic copies of all of your Unit #1 materials to class. You will review another student's materials, and that person will review your materials. In order for this peer-review exercise to work smoothly, everyone in the class needs to have complete drafts of their documents, not just rough outlines.

- During the next week, you should make significant progress on your Unit #1 assignment. As we saw during our "Big 12" activity in class, creating one-page information sheets takes a bit of time. Please don't leave this task to the last minute; you should spend the final week of Unit #1 polishing, not drafting, your documents.

If you have any questions about these items, or if want to discuss your Unit #1 assignment, please let me know.

See you in class on Tuesday,

Quinn