Quinn Warnick
English 314 Week 10 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Friday, 23 October 2009, 3:12 PM

Class,

I have updated the website for Week 10. Here's a quick overview of what we'll be doing in class each day:

- On Tuesday, we will discuss analytical reports and make sure that your usability tests are ready to administer to your test subjects. Please read Chapter 23 before you come to class. In addition, your team should bring two documents to class: 1) a file containing three personas, following the pattern on usability.gov, and 2) a file containing your team's usability test plan, following the pattern on usability.gov. (The class website has links to the two models you should follow for these documents.) Also, don't forget to bring a laptop for your team to work on in class! By the end of class on Tuesday, I would like to have all teams ready to begin their usability testing.

- On Thursday, we will talk about how to transform the data from your usability tests into a written report. Bring whatever data you have collected so far, and be ready to work as a team to start drafting your report. Please read Chapter 8 before you come to class. At the beginning of class, each team needs to submit a one-page progress report, following the pattern described in Chapter 22.

If you have any questions as you draft your usability test plan, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll see you on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend,

Quinn