Quinn Warnick
Funder Research Report Forum
by Quinn Warnick - Sunday, 8 March 2009, 11:55 PM

When your Funder Research Report is done, please add a post to this forum by clicking "reply" at the bottom of this message. In your post, tell us which agency you're writing about, then attach your report as a 1-page PDF file.

random pic
Re: Funder Research Report Forum
by Jennifer Hodapp - Monday, 9 March 2009, 12:59 AM

I am writing about the State of Iowa Department of Human Services. My Funder Research Report is very general but I am looking at one particular opportunity as a possible project. The rfp I am looking at is intended to help create a program for children to attend before and after school and in the summer. The purpose of it is to help keep kids (specifically from lower income families) off the streets and in a safe and health environment. They also have great opportunities for helping families and statewide organizations.
Picture of Bridget Soalwetz
by Bridget Soalwetz - Monday, 9 March 2009, 3:37 PM

I am writing about the Office of Violence Against Women. This Funder Report includes many different Grant possibilities that address violence against women. One grant in particular looks at problems on college campuses. The grants asks for a program that will provide a service for women who are victims or date rape, stalking, abuse etc. I recommend looking into this opportunity for a group interested in working with the University or another existing organization.
Picture of Laura Larson
by Laura Larson - Monday, 9 March 2009, 4:22 PM

I wrote my Funder Research Report on the Ben and Jerry's Foundation.  This foundation supports proposals from grassroots and constituent-led organizations promoting societal, institutional or environmental change.  Examples of successful past applications include car share programs, wildlife habitat restoration and after school programs.  Extremely wide range of support, if you're a not-for-profit (and not a gov. organization) promoting change within a community or environment, you can probably qualify!
Picture of Thomas Hummer
by Thomas Hummer - Monday, 9 March 2009, 8:16 PM

The agency I'm writing about is the U.S. Department of Labor. Unfortunately, the information given on the website was somewhat vague and not very specific, so I did my best to summarize the general feelings I got about what they were looking for and what causes they support.
Picture of Tara Sebring
by Tara Sebring - Monday, 9 March 2009, 8:25 PM

I wrote my Funder Research Report on the Small Business Administration.
Picture of Abbie Hill
by Abbie Hill - Monday, 9 March 2009, 10:39 PM

I researched the United States Environmental Protection Agency. As you will see from my document, the website was full of information, but the requirements were very specific for each grant program available. Hope this helps all of you while choosing an organization/agency for funding!
Picture of Rebecca Burch
by Rebecca Burch - Monday, 9 March 2009, 11:37 PM

I wrote my report on the Natural Resources Conservation Service, which sponsors Conservation Innovation Grants. These grants provide approximately $20 million to projects that address natural resource management practices and technology. The grant program focuses very hard on realistic, market-based plans and implementation.
Picture of Shyisha Griffin
by Shyisha Griffin - Monday, 9 March 2009, 11:45 PM

National Institutes of Health
Picture of Brian Ryherd
by Brian Ryherd - Monday, 9 March 2009, 11:49 PM

I am writing about the Department of Energy.
Picture of Julianne Bacon
by Julianne Bacon - Tuesday, 10 March 2009, 12:31 AM

My Funder Research Report is on the Department of Education. Obviously they have a lot of grants available, and there is a wide variety. Good luck everyone!
Picture of Holly Preston
by Holly Preston - Tuesday, 10 March 2009, 1:41 AM

I'm writing about Global Fund for Woman, it an organization who advocates to women's economic security, violence against women, education, health and more.   
Picture of Ross Piersma
by Ross Piersma - Tuesday, 10 March 2009, 10:39 AM

My Funder Research Report covers the U.S. Agency for International Development. USAID provides foreign assistance to developing countries for economic growth, trade, agriculture, global health, democracy, etc.
Picture of Joe Curran
by Joe Curran - Tuesday, 10 March 2009, 10:51 AM

I am writing about the Community Planning and Development Block Grant.  This grant is only available to small cities and counties.  This grant is also one of many grant established by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Picture of Nick Fanthorpe
by Nick Fanthorpe - Tuesday, 10 March 2009, 10:52 AM

My funder research report is within the Department of Transportation. There are numerous programs within the DOT that have grant fund opportunities. I specifically chose the Tranportation, Community, System Preversation Prgogram, which is part of the Federal Highway Administration.

Picture of chris doster
by chris doster - Tuesday, 10 March 2009, 11:55 AM

cdc funder report

Picture of Dillan Laughlin
by Dillan Laughlin - Tuesday, 10 March 2009, 12:08 PM

My Funder Research Report covers The National Science Foundation.
Picture of Irene Ko
by Irene Ko - Wednesday, 11 March 2009, 1:45 AM

I wrote my Funder Research Report on the department of the interior