Quinn Warnick
Week 13 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Friday, 3 April 2009, 3:15 PM

Class,

I have updated the course website with details for Week 13. This will be a VERY short update email, since you already know where your energies should be directed over the next week. Here are the highlights:

- On Tuesday, we will return to our discussion of PowerPoint strategies and conduct an in-class "storyboarding" workshop. You don't need to do anything to prepare for this workshop other than think about what type of PowerPoint presentation you'd like to give for the Unit #3 assignment.

- On Thursday, we'll be in the lab, where we'll work on translating storyboards into PowerPoint slides. Between Tuesday and Thursday, your team should create a PowerPoint file and begin sketching out the organization and structure of that file.

- A complete draft of your Unit #2 proposal is due at the end of class on Thursday. Please note that we won't be spending ANY time working on your Word document in class next week, so your team will need to find time to complete your proposal outside of class. (Notice that there are no readings, no quizzes, and no other homework for the rest of the semester. All of your English 309 energy should be channeled into your team's Unit #2 and Unit #3 projects.)

- Finally, I will email your Unit #2 rough drafts back to you over the weekend, then I will meet briefly with each team on Tuesday to discuss any questions you have about my feedback.

If you have any questions about any of these items, please let me know.

- Quinn