Quinn Warnick
English 309 Week 12 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Friday, 27 March 2009, 10:59 AM

Class,

I have update the class website with information for Week 12. Here's a quick overview:

- On Tuesday, we will discuss PowerPoint presentations in preparation for your Unit #3 presentations. Before you come to class, please read "The Cognitive Style of PowerPoint" (print this one out) and the two Presentation Zen articles (you don't need to print these), all of which are linked on the class website.

- On Thursday, we will be in workshop mode. Each team will conduct a "green flag, red flag" review (I'll explain how to do this in class), and I will meet with each team for a few minutes to discuss your progress on Unit #2. A rough draft of your situation report and plan section (your full "narrative," if that's the terminology your funding agency is using) is due at the end of class. This draft should be roughly 10 double-spaced pages.

- We're a little behind schedule on Unit #2, so this next week should be "catch up" time for your team. Your main focus at this point should be generating text for your proposal. It doesn't need to be polished or pretty; it just needs to be written. Try to implement one (or more) of the collaborative writing strategies we discussed in class on Thursday, and do your best to balance the workload among all members of your team.

If you have any questions about these items, or about anything else related to English 309, please let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,

Quinn