Quinn Warnick
English 309 Week 3 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Friday, 23 January 2009, 5:04 PM

Class,

I am writing with a few short bits of news about English 309:

- I am still reviewing some of your Site and Topic Proposals for Unit #1, but I hope to have all of them back to you by Saturday evening. In general, these proposals are a strong start, and I think this document (along with your Invention Exercise) will provide a good foundation for your work on Unit #1.

- On Tuesday, we will review chapter 5 in the Johnson-Sheehan textbook and will discuss the process of conducting primary research and incorporating that research into your final proposal.

- On Thursday, we will review chapter 6, take a quiz on chapters 5 and 6, and spend the rest of the day in a peer critique exercise. In order to participate in the exercise, you will need to bring a finished copy of your Unit #1 Situation Report to class (in electronic format). You should also upload a copy of this document to the course website before you come to class on Thursday.

- At this point, you should have established a strong contact with someone (or multiple someones) in your organization. Your next major task is to write the Unit #1 Situation Report, so I encourage you to review that assignment on the course website and begin conducting interviews, distributing surveys or questionnaires, and seeking out electronic sources. The sooner you complete your research (both primary and secondary), the sooner you'll be able to focus your attention on writing, editing, and designing the document.

If you have any questions about these items, or about anything else related to your Unit #1 proposal, please let me know.

Enjoy the weekend!

- Quinn