Quinn Warnick
English 309 Week 2 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Friday, 16 January 2009, 4:29 PM

Class,

Every week on Friday, I will post a message to the News Forum on our class website; these posts will also go out via email to the address you used when you created an account on the class website. This is the first of many weekly update messages. If you have suggestions about how these messages could be more helpful, please let me know.

I have updated the class website with additional information for Week 2, which you will see next time you login to the site. Here is a quick summary of what we'll be doing next week:

- On Tuesday, we'll be back in Ross 120, where we will review Chapter 3 and spend most of class discussing the 2 scenarios in the textbook (one on the Cool Campus Project and one on Overture Designs). If you haven't been paying attention to those scenarios in Chapters 1 and 2, please review them before class.

- Before you come to class on Tuesday, you should have made contact with your potential client for the Unit #1 project. If you run into problems finding a site and/or topic for your Unit #1 proposal, please let me know ASAP.

- On Thursday, we will review Chapter 4 and then spend the rest of our lab time in a writing workshop, drafting the Unit #1 Site and Topic Proposal. To help you prepare for this workshop, please complete the Unit #1 Invention Exercise before class and bring an electronic copy of your file to the lab.

- Finally, remember that your Diagnostic Memo is due by midnight tonight (Friday). Please upload your completed memo to the class website.

If you have questions about any of these items, please let me know -- I'm available by email all weekend. I think our first week of class went well, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your Unit #1 project ideas on Tuesday.

Thanks,

Quinn