20. Nine Inch Nails: Capital G

22. Rage Against the Machine: The Ghost of Tom Joad

23. Tori Amos: Yo George

25. A Perfect Circle: Fiddle and the Drum

27. Puscifer: Indigo Children

Picture of Jenna Maggert
Re: Brendon Johnson--Bill Hicks: Too Loud for the Grave
by Jenna Maggert - Sunday, 24 February 2008, 9:11 PM

Good Job on your CD Brendon.  I liked the whole theme because I had no idea who this guy was.  I think that you picked all good songs that blended well together and made an excellent transition also.  My two favorite songs on this cd was #10 and #20.  I liked those the best because they were familiar bands.  One thing I thought was very creative was the liner notes.  I agree that he will probably not come back as "someone else" however i'm sure you would like that :) Thanks for broadening my music library and taste for music!
me
by Eric Skarnes - Monday, 3 March 2008, 10:20 PM

I really enjoyed this CD.  I thought tying your favorite comic and what he stood for into a CD of your favorite music about the same topics was a great idea.  The clips of his comedy between songs really enhanced the CD and left me wishing there more clips cause I found him quiet entertaining.  I thought the liner notes were a huge addition to the CD and helped me understand where Bill Hicks was coming from with his comedy and your reason for making the CD.  Nicely done.
Picture of Karla Martinez
by Karla Martinez - Tuesday, 11 March 2008, 10:22 AM

wow! you really got into this assignment. Good transitions. I like the idea of combining the songs with the topics of the stand-up comedy. I wasn't expecting at all this when I first saw and read the CD. Well done!