10. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
  11. Mrs. Potter's Lullaby - Counting Crows
  12. Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
  13. Barbara Ann - The Beach Boys
  14. Lily (My One and Only) - Smashing Pumpkins

Quinn Warnick
Re: Catlin Thompson - About A Girl
by Quinn Warnick - Tuesday, 19 February 2008, 9:48 AM

I think I got spoiled by taking this CD first. I absolutely loved this compilation of songs, and now I'm going to spend the rest of the semester looking for another playlist I like this much. (It didn't hurt, of course, that my 1-year-old daughter is named Ruby and that we play the Kaiser Chiefs song at our house while she dances.)

My other favorites: "Iris," "Come on Eileen" (I have a cover of this on MY mix CD, but I love the original, too), "Mrs. Potter's Lullaby" (I saw Counting Crows perform this live in LA and it was amazing), and "Sweet Caroline" (don't tell anyone I like Neil Diamond, OK?).

The CD case is beautiful, too. I love the silhouettes motif, and the color scheme is simultaneously muted and vibrant. Overall, a very cool mix.
Picture of Devin Rahn
by Devin Rahn - Tuesday, 26 February 2008, 12:33 AM

I really liked the CD's overall design and how all aspects tie together very well. Your linear notes were different from everyone else which sets it apart from others and is a good way to tie all the songs together to why they are on the CD. I listen to Kaiser Chief's all the time and hearing that as the opener was a good selection. I'm not entirely into 80's music but since it ties with your theme well it works for the CD, plus, this isn't about my personal selection of music. Last, I liked how you explained the silhouette motif to mystify all the women in the songs.
This is me at Stonehenge in England last July.
by Pat Gamble - Thursday, 28 February 2008, 10:54 AM

This is a very cool compilation.

I really like a lot of these songs - Black Betty, Layla, Billie Jean, and Lily are my favorites.

This is definitely a very cool idea for a mix CD and the design elements are awesome and incredibly effective.

Great job!
Picture of Brendon Johnson
by Brendon Johnson - Monday, 10 March 2008, 11:23 PM

I dig the mix alright.  Most of the music I'm familiar with, some I like, some not so much.  Music preferences aside I think the music choices were pretty good, transistions from one song to another felt right and flowed well.  The motif of female sillouette was well chosen and worked well.  I think Amber and Iris are my two favorite songs, but I've been a 311 fan since about 1995.  
me
by Eric Skarnes - Tuesday, 25 March 2008, 12:04 AM

I can definitely say that this is not my type of music but I really did enjoy it.  I listened to it while doing some homework and it was actually quite relaxing.  I was familiar with a few of the songs but enjoyed ones I had never heard.  I thought the design was very unique and liked that you kept it consistent throughout the CD.  I thought you liner notes were nice to as a little intro to what you are about to hear.