This is me at Stonehenge in England last July.
Pat Gamble - [.//dEsc3n+\\.] "Soundtrack to the Collapse"
by Pat Gamble - Tuesday, 12 February 2008, 10:38 AM

Tracklist -

1. Aphex Twin - Peek 02545201
2. Radiohead - Paranoid Android
3. Rick Bain and the Genius Position - I Want to Die
4. Dead Meadow - Let It All Pass
5. A Perfect Circle - The Nurse Who Loved Me
6. Pelican - Untitled
7. Spacemen 3 - Losing Touch With My Mind
8. Boards of Canada - Music is Math
9. Venetian Snares - Swindon
10. Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets
11. Black Mountain - Buffalo Swan
12. Brian Jonestown Massacre - Salaam

Picture of Jenna Maggert
Re: Pat Gamble - [.//dEsc3n+\\.] "Soundtrack to the Collapse"
by Jenna Maggert - Monday, 18 February 2008, 11:22 PM

I must say this is definitely a different genre of music that I listen to.  It really opened up my eyes to what kind of  music is out there.  To be honest, I don't think I had heard any of those songs but I really liked over 1/2 of them.  Your CD cover and case cover was super creative.  I liked how you tied in your "collapse" theme with great photos.  I like the pictures that catch your attention where there is two photos but one is in front of the other...very cool!
Picture of Brendon Johnson
by Brendon Johnson - Wednesday, 20 February 2008, 9:52 PM

Overall I think the song choice was great.  I dug the flow from song to song and they all meshed well.  The theme however was somewhat lost on me.  I'm familiar with most of the music here so I got what you were going for, a mix about decending into madness.  But I think a casual listener who picks this up blind will be lost.  The graphics were used to good effect but I think more could be given as far as liner notes were concerned.  I'm curious why the facination with madness enough to do a mix about it but it's a question that never really gets answered.  You wouldn't need much about the song choice per se, but I'd really be curious what the deeper "why" of the mix itself is.  The small note on the back gave a slight glimpse into the "why" but I'm left wanting more. 
Picture of Sam Johnson
by Sam Johnson - Tuesday, 11 March 2008, 12:21 AM

Wow, I must admit it was kind of creepy, but it was so well done that is doesn't matter! I have never heard any of the songs before and they were good! Your graphics were amazing and really went well with the songs. I loved the "Warning" part. It spiced up your CD and it really made me more interested in the CD as a whole. Great Job! Very creative!