Quinn Warnick
Week 15 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Thursday, 17 April 2008, 5:20 PM

Class,

I have updated the class website with details about what we'll be doing next week. Here's a quick run-down:

- Before Tuesday, please complete all of the tutorials in the HTML textbook. If you haven't finished the first chapter already, please start at the beginning of the book and take the time to follow along with the step-by-step instructions. Just to reiterate what I said in class: completing the tutorials in this book will be the single-best thing you can do to learn the basics of HTML.

- You should also review the page of Electronic Portfolio Resources I've added to the class website before you come to class on Tuesday. In particular, I'd like you to pay attention to two sections of the page: the "Templates" section (especially the first two links) and the "ISU Portfolio Sites" at the bottom of the page. Browse through the ISU Portfolio Sites to see what other students here at ISU have done with their eportfolios, then visit the Open Source Web Design and Open Web Design sites to search for templates you might want to use for your portfolio.

- When you search for templates on the OSWD and OWD sites, limit your search to designs that use "XHTML" rather than "HTML." When you find templates that you like, download them to your computer (or flash drive). The templates are relatively small (MUCH smaller than the iMovie files we've been working with), so don't be shy about downloading a lot of them. Bring these templates with you to class on Tuesday. By the end of the class period on Tuesday, I'd like everyone to have selected a template for his or her portfolio.

As always, if you have any questions, please let me know. Otherwise, have a great weekend!

- Quinn