Quinn Warnick
iMovie Exporting Help
by Quinn Warnick - Wednesday, 16 April 2008, 12:08 AM

Class,

A few of you have emailed me to ask for help with exporting your iMovie videos in a format that YouTube will accept. As we discussed in class today, the computers in Ross 15 may not allow you to use the "Expert Settings" when you export your video. However, I am fairly confident that the Ross 420 lab will allow you to use the expert settings feature. The lab should be open on Wednesday afternoon from 1-5 p.m.

Unfortunately, I won't be on campus tomorrow, but if any of you need help exporting your videos, I can meet with you on Thursday morning before our class. If you would like help exporting your video, come to my office (435 Ross Hall) at 8:30 a.m. -- we'll use the lab in Ross 420 to prepare your videos for uploading to YouTube.

One note of warning: If you put off exporting your video until Thursday morning, your iMovie file needs to be COMPLETELY FINISHED before you come to my office. In addition, you should create your YouTube account before Thursday morning.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please let me know -- I'll be checking email throughout the day tomorrow.

- Quinn