Quinn Warnick
Week 14 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Thursday, 10 April 2008, 12:35 PM

Class,

First, two apologies:

1. I'm sorry we didn't have more time in class today to work on your Kinetic Text videos. Watching and critiquing all of the draft videos took longer than I expected. For those of you who had technical problems today, if you'd like feedback from the class, we can watch your draft videos at the beginning of class on Tuesday. Just let me know if you'd like to do this.

2. I'm sorry I didn't return your Social Networking essays to you today. I have finished grading them, and I brought them to class, but I just plain forgot about them at the end of class. I'll get them back to you on Tuesday, but if you'd like yours sooner, feel free to stop by my office (435 Ross Hall) during office hours today, or from 1-5 p.m. on Friday.

Moving on...

I have updated the class website for Week 14. On Tuesday we will dive head-first into the Electronic Portfolio assignment, so please bring your HTML textbook to class. (You don't need to read any of it before class.) From Tuesday until the end of the semester, we'll be working on your electronic portfolios in class, which means that we won't have any additional class time for finishing your Kinetic Text videos. I hope the feedback you received from your classmates today was helpful, and I think most of you should be able to finish your videos by next Thursday without any problem. If you are having technical difficulties, please come see me ASAP.

Your Kinetic Text assignment is due at the beginning of class on Thursday. Please upload your exported video to YouTube before you come to class, and bring your original iMovie file to class on a flash drive. You should upload your memo to the class website (using the Kinetic Text assignment link) and bring a paper copy of the memo to class.

As always, if you have questions about any of these items, please let me know. I realize that some of you have been plagued with software problems, and I am sympathetic to your plight. Please come see me and I'll do my best to help you work through the glitches.

Thanks,

Quinn