Quinn Warnick
A few mid-week reminders
by Quinn Warnick - Tuesday, 26 February 2008, 9:03 PM

Class,

Since several of you missed class today, I thought I would email everyone with a few quick reminders about Thursday's class:

- The Social Networking assignment is now available on the class website. We'll discuss this in greater detail on Thursday, but please read the assignment sheet and begin generating ideas for your Facebook/MySpace group before you come to class.

- Please read "Remember This" and visit the MyLifeBits Project website before class. We will use these readings as a starting point for our class discussion on Thursday, so please do more than just skim them.

- Complete the Online Identity Self-Assessment before class. This exercise shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to complete.

- Join the English 213 Facebook Group before class. If you don't already have a Facebook account, you'll need to create one, then search for "English 213" (our group should be one of the first results). I will need to confirm your membership in the group, and I'd like to do this before class starts so we can use the group site during class.

- Finally, a reminder about academic honesty: our in-class quizzes are designed to test your ability to recall the information in the readings, not your ability to search the readings for the quiz answers during the quiz. These aren't "open-book" quizzes -- when you're taking a quiz, the only thing on your screen should be the quiz.

As always, if you have any questions about any of these items, please let me know.

See you on Thursday,

Quinn