Quinn Warnick
Week 6 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Thursday, 14 February 2008, 1:53 PM

Class,

I have updated the course website for Week 6. We'll spend most of the next two class periods enjoying your oral presentations, but if time allows, we'll begin delving into our next unit, which focuses on social networking and online identity.

The schedule for your presentations is listed under each day on the website, and we will stick to this schedule, so plan to present in the order listed on the site. Remember, your presentation should be 5-7 minutes long, and if you're using PowerPoint to show us your software program, you should bring your PP file on a flash drive. If you are analyzing a Windows-based program and want to demonstrate the program for us, you will need to bring a Windows-based laptop to class or coordinate with one of your classmates who has a laptop.

Since you'll be busy finishing up your papers and delivering your presentations, there are no readings, quizzes, or other small assignments due next week. After we're done with your presentations, we'll begin talking about the next unit.

If you missed class today, I STRONGLY encourage you to refer to the Interrogating the Interface Peer Review Instructions on the class website and complete this exercise with a few friends/roommates/classmates before you submit the final paper on Thursday.

If you have any questions about your presentations or essays, please let me know. I had to cancel my office hours this afternoon due to a meeting, but I can come to my office on Friday afternoon or anytime on Monday — just send me an email if you'd like to meet. Otherwise, I'll see you in class on Tuesday.

Enjoy your weekend,

Quinn