Quinn Warnick
Week 4 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Friday, 1 February 2008, 5:59 PM

Class,

I have updated the course website for Week 4. A couple of quick reminders:

- Your printing/burning sessions are scheduled for Monday and Tuesday. Please check the class website to verify your appointment and make sure that you're ready to print your files when you arrive. To help you through the process of preparing your InDesign files for printing, I've created a page of Mix CD File Preparation Tips on the class website. Please follow the instructions on this page before you come to your appointment.

- I added a forum that you can use to "reserve" a topic for the Interrogating the Interface Assignment. It is open as of right now (Friday afternoon), and you can begin posting your selections immediately. Remember to read all previous posts before you add your own to make sure that no one else has selected the program you're interested in.

- For Tuesday, I've added a PDF file of Edward Tufte's essay, "The Cognitive Style of PowerPoint." Please print it out and read it before class on Tuesday. Also, be sure to respond to the journal assignment related to this reading before you come to class. (Several of you forgot to complete the journal entry last week; missing one of these isn't a big deal, but consistently neglecting the journal entries will affect your grade.)

I think that's it for now. Please let me know if you have questions about anything related to our new assignment or Week 4. Otherwise, enjoy your weekend!

- Quinn