Quinn Warnick
English 203 Week 15, 16, and 17 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Friday, 17 November 2006, 3:56 PM

Class,

I have updated the class website with all of the relevant information for the rest of the semester. You should expect no further additions or changes to the syllabus; I hope this will help you plan for the last few weeks of the semester, which I know are busy weeks for all of you.

In case you don't have time to check the class website right away, here are a few highlights:

- On Tuesday after the break, we will be discussing application letters. Please bring your copy of the Business Writer's Companion to class. You will also need to find (and print out) two job openings that you would seriously consider applying for. These can come from the newspaper, the web, etc... You will be writing application letters to these companies for your portfolio assignment, so make sure to choose jobs that you're genuinely interested in.

- On Thursday after the break, we will conduct a resume writing/revision workshop in the lab. Please be sure to have an electronic version of your resume available to work on in class. If you don't already have a resume, your assignment over the Thanksgiving break is to write one, using the guidelines in chapter 7 of the Business Writer's Companion.

- The following week, we will conduct mock job interviews and hold a portfolio workshop in the lab. We will discuss these activities in greater detail when we get back from the break.

Remember, if you would like to make modifications to the portfolio assignment, please contact me via email as soon as possible. If you're interested in creating an electronic portfolio, let me know and I will send you links to some resources within the next few days.

Have a great week off!

- Quinn