Quinn Warnick
English 302 Week 2 Update
by Quinn Warnick - Saturday, 26 August 2006, 12:28 AM

Class,

I'm testing the "news" feature of the class website. If this message is successful, all of you should receive a copy of this message via email. Since I want to make sure that these messages are getting to you, please send me a message (at warnick@iastate.edu) that simply says, "Got it." Once I know the system is working, I will just assume that you're getting the weekly messages and reading them.

Each week (normally on Friday), I will send a syllabus update for the following week with more detailed information about what we will be doing during the next two class periods. These messages will also contain reminders about things you need to do before class or materials you need to bring with you.

For Week 2, you can find the update by going to the course website:

http://courses.quinnwarnick.com

Note that everything is the same, with one small addition: on Tuesday, I'd like each of you to bring to class a paper you have written for another course in the past. The paper can be on any subject and it can be an example of your best or your worst work. The only requirement is that you are willing to let your classmates see it. We will spend some time in class on Tuesday reviewing these papers and working on them in small groups.

I have also added the list of individual presentation dates to the "Course Documents" section of the website. We will discuss the specific evaluation criteria for this assignment in class on Tuesday. If you have any questions about your individual presentation date or topic, please let me know.

I'll see you on Tuesday,

Quinn