This is the course website for English 314, Sections 12 and 13, taught by Quinn Warnick at Iowa State University during fall 2009. Please refer to the policy document and syllabus, found at the top of the center column, for more information about this class. Updates to the syllabus will be posted several days in advance, and any changes to the readings and/or assignments will be reflected in the summaries for each week.
Image Peer Review Exercise
- Open each image in Preview or Photoshop
- Look at the image full size (100%), then resize the image to approximately 500 pixels wide (the size of images on Instructables.com). Point out any problems that may arise from using the small version.
- Evaluate the image using the following questions as a guide:
- Does the image have proper lighting?
- Is the image focused?
- Is the subject of the image centered, or does the image need to be cropped and/or readjusted?
- Does the image contain any distracting "noise," or unrelated subject matter?
- Does the photo make it clear what idea or procedure the creator is trying to convey?
- Does the series of images flow from one image to the next?
- Are there any gaps in the sequence? If so, how could they be filled?
- One image needs to appear on the Instructables.com homepage. Which image in the series is most representative or attention-grabbing?